PARTIES EXTRA!---FEBRUARY 16, 2008---DOEL REED CENTER AND OSU
DOEL REED ART CENTER…Lela and Dr. Mark Sullivan and Ann and Burns Hargis invited their friends to the Sullivan house for a reception. They wanted to tell them about The Doel Reed Center for the Arts.The Center ( composed of three adode houses) in Taos, New Mexico, has been donated to Oklahoma State University by Martha Reed, Doel Reed’s daughter. The Center will be for national/international artists and scholars and will also have courses and programs in landscape architecture, English, History, Music, Theater, Geology, Geography, Physics and Botany. There is an OSU Art Department on site.Dr. Sullivan welcomed guests and Lela Sullivan told a little history about her grandfather, Henry G. Bennett who was an early day OSU president, and Doel Reed, the first professor of art at OSU. Burns Hargis introduced current art department, Sallie McCorkle and other OSU dignitaries at the party. Lela Sullivan presented a Doel Reed original print to OSU from her mother’s, Frances Bennett’s, collection.
Burns and Ann Hargis and Lela and Mark Sullivan welcome friends to the Sullivan home where they heard about the Doel Reed Center for the Arts which is in New Mexico. (Photo by David Faytinger.)
Mark and Lela Sullivan are interviewed by NewsOk Video Host Angi Bruss. ( Photo by Helen Ford Wallace).
Burns Hargis and State Sen. Cliff Branan talk at the party. ( Photo by Helen Ford Wallace).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16614OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14171Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13556Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10806Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9444Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7747Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7539Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7474'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 7103Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 7093Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients