Kate Stanton is "Arkansas Traveler."
Florence Stanton and daughter, Kate Stanton. (Photo provided)
Kate Stanton was recognized by the Arkansas Governor’s Office as an “Arkansas Traveler.” Members of the Delta Gamma alumnae acknowledged her during part of the founder’s day celebration hosted by the collegiate chapter at the University of Arkansas at Ft. Smith.
She was honored because of her leadership in establishing Delta Gamma Sorority which was part of the initial Greek system in Ft. Smith.
A framed proclamation was given to her as she was being introduced as the keynote speaker for the Founder’s Day luncheon on the UA Fayetteville campus. There were 80 Delta Gammas there as well as a surprise guest, Florence Stanton, Bedford, Tx., Kate’ mother.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3847Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3762Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 3552OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients