Parties Extra!---April 25, 2008---On The Oklahoma River
VIP RECEPTION HELD IN REGATTA PARK
Ray and Lou Ackerman were at the 2008 U.S. Sprint Canoe/Kayak Olympic Trials reception. (Photo by Helen Ford Wallace).
STRICTLY VIP… A VIP reception was held during the 2008 U.S. Sprint Canoe/Kayak Olympic Trials. Location was at Regatta Park, adjacent to the Chesapeake Boathouse.
Members of the Oklahoma City Boathouse Foundation were hosts and members of the Oklahoma City Convention and Visitors Bureau were co-hosts.
On the upper tier of Regatta Park, a three-piece jazz band called “Romantic Jazz” played for guests. A wine bar was set in the middle of the area and bistro chairs and tables and large comfy lounge ottomans were set up throughout the Park in conversation groupins. Mike Knopp welcomed guests and introduced the dignitaries.
The Devon Energy boat took guests down the Oklahoma River where canoes and kayaks were still coming in. The outdoor atmosphere by the River, with redbud trees in bloom throughout the Park, was celebratory.
Burns and Ann Hargis welcome Jim Vallion to their Stillwater home. (Photo by Lela Bennett Sullivan.)
FIRST PARTY….The first party at Oklahoma State University’s Willham House, new home of OSU President Burns Hargis, and his wife, Ann Hargis, was given for members of the OSU art department.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 69024Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31222Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29103Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19272Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6654Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6511Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 5366Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 5240Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 4922Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 4912Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients