Parties Extra!---May 14, 2008---Seventy Five Dance Club members have a great history!
SEVENTY FIVE CLUB TRIVIA
Club president Steve Garrett and Ron White talk during dinner. ( Photo by Helen Ford Wallace).
When members of the Seventy Five Dance Club met for dinner and dancing last week-end, Linda and Steve Garrett ( he is the club president) added a small booklet to the table decorations.
It was a copy of the original 1935 roster. The book lists the officers, executive committee, dance committee and membership committee. It also lists the 72 charter members (all men.)
By-laws in the 1935 book noted that the membership of the club should be limited to 75 members, “of whom not more than 25 shall be unmarried men.”
The by-laws chapter states that dues should not exceed $25. And there would be no informal dances.
“The payment of $1.25 should cover guests.” (And that was for dinner and dancing.)
Holly and Clay Healey and Connie Fuller were at the Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club for the Seventy Five Club dinner dance. ( Photo by Helen Ford Wallace).
Linda Garrett and Linda Bonebrake enjoy the party. ( Photo by Helen Ford Wallace).
Ellie Roberts and Dan and Phyllis Stough enjoy the gourmet dinner. ( Photo by Helen Ford Wallace).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14804OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10332Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6926Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6240Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6240Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5695Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4108Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4061As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3840Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3249Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients