PARTIES EXTRA: MAY 28TH, 2007- TRAVELING IN NEW MEXICO
Field of flags in New Mexico
MEMORIAL DAY 2007….One rural mountain town, Questa, New Mexico, (population 2500) celebrated the Memorial Day Holiday with thousands of flags.
They set the large flags up in a field next to the highway and called it the “Healing Field of Honor.”
This United States flag memorial honored America’s Veterans. All of the U.S. wars were remembered by listing the numbers of soldiers killed or missing in action. This was the third year for the flags which were also placed throughout the town. An outdoor program was held on May 28th.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients