PARTIES EXTRA: JUNE 15, 2007- AFTERNOON TEA
Elizabeth Tschiemer, Allison Tschiemer, Margaret Hoge, Katie Hoge, Maxey Reynolds, Elain Frogge and Anne Henderson were at the afternoon tea given by Maxey Reynolds for her granddaughter Kate Hoge who is one of the Beaux Arts Ball Debutantes. Frogge is chairman of the Ball and Henderson is in charge of public relations for the event. ( Photo by Helen Ford Wallace).
AFTERNOON TEA…It was teatime at the Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club last weekend. Maxey Reynolds entertained for her granddaughter Katie Hoge who is one of this year’s Beaux Arts Ball debutantes.
Ball committee members, debutantes, family members and special guests, six of the former Beaux Arts Ball queens, filled the downstairs area of the Club. Peonies decorated the tea table that was filled with tiny sandwiches and brownies, cookies and lemon squares.
A table with framed photographs of the former Ball queens lined one wall. Represented in pictures were Joan Johnston, Yinger, Virginia Eason Weinmann, Jean Monnet Laughlin, Virginia Harmon Gohrband, Betty Jean Tway, Margaret Maxey Cooper Reynolds, Ethelyn Mills, Sydney Shaffer Taggart, Ann Sheridan Watson, Judith Ames Rhoads, Mary Gordon Ferguson Taft and Ann Connolly Henry, Adelaide Lutz Ladd and Maichai Thach Brown.
These days the traditional event features a Beaux Arts Ball King, one of Oklahoma City’s community leaders. The queen selection was discontinued in the early 1960’s. Elain Frogge is chairman of the 2007 Ball and Libby Denner is co-chairman.
Bernie Patterson, Art Cotton, Tom McDaniel and Bill Shdeed surround Linda Kennedy Rosser who recently completed her Master’s degree from Oklahoma City University ( Photo by Helen Ford Wallace).
STANDING OVATION…Linda Kennedy Rosser was the honoree at a party given by Brenda McDaniel and Pam Shdeed. She received her master’s degree from Oklahoma City University.
The party was in the McDaniel home which is on the OCU campus (Brenda’s husband, Tom, is OCU President.)
Rosser received her undergraduate degree at the University of Oklahoma more than 40 years ago and had always planned to work on her master’s degree. She is a trustee of OCU and her good friend, Brenda McDaniel, encouraged her to go back to school, so two years ago, she did.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients