Reception held after one of the screenings at the deadCenter Film Festival
A wine and cheese party was held at 611 Creative following the first screening of “Unconquered-Allan Houser and the Legacy of One Apache Family” at the 2009 deadCenter Film Festival.
Oklahoma native Bryan Beasley was the writer/director of the film.
The documentary was filmed in Santa Fe, NM; Oklahoma City, OK.,and Fort Sill, OK. Actor Val Kilmer narrates the documentary.
Guests were able to enjoy some pieces of Houser’s art on display during the reception including: “Unconquered” , “Sacred Rain Arrow” – the art that is on the Oklahoma license plates and “Spirit of the Buffalo.”
Among the people there were Coco and Bryan Beasley, Dr. Lee and Sherry Beasley, Heather and Bob Ross, Lil and Bill Ross, Molly and John Fritch, Beverly and Mark Funke, Jane and David Thompson, Sarah and John Edwards, Dr. Bob Blackburn and Kim Bourne.
The film was funded by the Inasmuch Foundation for the Oklahoma History Center.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24367Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12839Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7010OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5994OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5476Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5061Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3886Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3822Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3626Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3264Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients