PARTIES EXTRA: JULY 4, 2007-HAPPY 4TH
PARADE IN ALTUS
Patriotically decorated scooters, little cars, red wagons, strollers, dogs and tricycles were featured in the 4th annual neighborhood parade in Altus, Oklahoma, USA. There were even a couple of decorated golf carts.
There was a covered wagon and there was one little red wagon with flowers covering the sides.
Liliie-Beth Brinkman and children, Bennett, Ella and Ramey, invited friends over for early morning (8:30 a.m.) doughnuts and juice.
They provided crepe paper and some red, white and blue decorations, but many of their friends’ vehicles (mini versions of bigger parades) were ready to roll.
Promptly at 9:45 a.m. (with two police car escorts) the parade of about 150 people (parents and children) took off around the neighborhood. They were back in 20 minutes.
There were a few skinned knees from bicycle falls, but, all in all, the annual event which started with just 3 people (the Brinkman family), keeps getting bigger and bigger. And the crowd of friends just had a great time being together on July 4th, 2007.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14355OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8524Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6282Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6264Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5946Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5763Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4015As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3625Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3377Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3147Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients