Parties Extra!---July 12, 2008---The party scene
ANNUAL PARTY….The Knott’s and Brown’s annual noon luncheon following the July 4th Nichols Hills Parade featured the world’s best food. It was fried chicken at its’ finest, traditional bread and butter sandwiches, red frozen fruit salad, a huge pan of baked beans, potato salad and homemade ice cream and chocolate cake.
Hosts were Ranell and Steve Brown, Tom Knott, Meredith, Kristen, Matt, Bella and Michah Brown, Katy and Robert McGee and Christy, Brian, Austin and Gavin Gordon.
Red, white and blue tablecloths were on all the tables and flowers were red orchids, white mums and blue irises.
The hosts always add a line about invited guests. They note “this means, children, married children, grandchildren, boy or girl friends, parents!”
THREE GENERATIONS…When Laura Wilkinson Gable and Isabel Gable, 7, Menlo Park, Calif., came to town to visit grandmother Carol Troy and husband, Mac Troy, Lela Sullivan was hostess for a luncheon.
She was assisted by her granddaughter, Langley Branan, 8. Langley planned the menu and chose her great-grandmother’s china and placemats for the table.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients