Parties Extra!---July 13, 2008---An Endowed Chair for Ann Hoover
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WITH LOVE
Beautiful Ann Hoover wore a high fashioned 1970′s Bob Mackie outfit in New York City on a trip. (Photo Provided )
When Ann Hoover celebrated her birthday on July 9, friends gathered in her home to tell her that they had, in a week’s time, raised over one million dollars in her name.
It is for an “Ann Hundley Hoover Endowed Chair” at the Wanda Bass School of Music at Oklahoma City University. She was the first chairman of the Wanda Bass School of Music fine arts board at the university and is a trustee and is on several related committees.
At the party were the people who send e-mails and worked via telephone for the fund: Ann Alspaugh, Kaye Cook, Gene Barth, Cathy Leichter, Jill King, Cheryl Browne, Annie Bohanon and Becky Love.
Also at the party were Ann’s husband, Bob Hoover; OCU Dean of the Music School Mark Parker; OCU President Tom McDaniel; Warren Hoover, and Ann’s brother, Dean Hundley.
The group presented her a small folding chair decorated with balloons to represent the “big” chair at the university.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients