PARTIES EXTRA: AUGUST 3, 2007- Welcome Home Leigh Ann and Paul
HOMECOMING…. When Leigh Ann and Paul Albers, both Oklahoma City natives, moved back from Virginia Beach, Va., recently, Barbara and Jay Quillian were hosts for a “Welcome Home” Party.
Co-hosts were Mary and Jim Richard and Diana and Jeff Beeler.
Former high school and college friends were at the party as well as a few 5th grade Casady parents since the Albers’ son Donald will go to Casady School.
It was also a rock and roll reunion as Paul Albers, Jay Quillian, Jim Richard and Steve Shelby had the local band “The Chessmen” in the late 1960’s and this was the first time the group had been together for 37 years.
Guests included Marty and Hoffie Smith, Ellen and Tim Fleming, Mary and Tom Kelly, Jill and Tom King, Kim and Joe O’Conner, Susan and Eric Eckman and Annette and Kent Carnahan. Gift from the hosts was the book “Oklahoma III” by David Fitzgerald and everyone wrote personal messages in it.
Jim Richard, Steve Shelby, Paul Albers and Jay Quillian are at a Welcome Home party honoring Leigh Ann and Paul Albers. Hosts were Barbara and Jay Quillian, Mary and Jim Richard and Diana and Jeff Beeler.
POLYNESIAN PARTY…Naureen Ahmad and Jeff Hubbard were honorees at a Polynesian buffet. They will be married August 11. Hosts at the party were Barbara and Jay Quillian, Marilyn and Bud Meade, Liz Meade, Patrick Quillian, Jennifer Edge, Shelley and Bill Swisher, Kathryn Swisher, Samina and Zaheer Baber and Omar Baber.
The party was held in the Quillian home and it was decorated with pineapple topiaries with orchids and lava rocks surrounding them. Former Oklahoma City residents Nancy and Herb Conley, Honolulu, assisted the hosts by sending fresh orchid leis for the honorees and their parents.
Shelley Swisher, Marilyn Meade, Salima Ahmad and Barbara Quillian celebrate the upcoming wedding of Naureen Ahmad and Jeff Hubbard.
Naureen Admad, Karen Hubbard, Kathryn Swisher and Jennifer Edge attend the pre-nuptial event honoring Naureen Ahmad and Jeff Hubbard in the home of Barbara and Jay Quillian.
GOLDEN WEEKEND…. Donna and Tom Kerrihard celebrated their 50th anniversary last weekend. Their children, Karen Eckstein, Ken Kerrihard, Pam Sollars and Tim Kerrihard, were hosts for a come and go reception on Sunday, July 29, at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients