Willie Nelson sings in Oklahoma City in honor of Gene Rainbolt's birthday
Hank Bradley and Gene Rainbolt arrive at the birthday party honoring Rainbolt where country singer Willie Nelson was the entertainment. ( Photos by Helen Ford Wallace).
The Oklahoma City Golf and Country was the setting for Gene Rainbolt’s birthday. Guests wore pins with Willie and Gene’s picture and the saying “My Heroes Have Always Been Bankers.”
The event on Friday, September 18th, featured barbecue and beer and guests’ donations benefited cancer research at Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation and the University of Oklahoma Cancer Institute.
Dinner included brisket, ribs, chicken served with Texas toast, barbecue baked beans, potato salad and hot apple and peach cobbler with ice cream.This was served under a tent on the back terrace of the Country Club.
Willie Nelson entertained everyone for over an hour singing such songs as “Whiskey River,” ” Georgia,” ” Always On My Mind.” He flung his cowboy hat to the crowd and opted out for a red bandana.
The OCG&CC was set up theater style in the ballroom with some tall cocktail tables in the back. Everyone was in a party mood as the dress code was “casual.” Wearing glittery cowboy hats were Brenda McDaniel, Judy Love and Ann Hargis (hers was orange). Susan Edwards had on cowboy boots and the honoree had on a suede vest and a silver bolo tie.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients