PARTIES EXTRA: SEPTEMBER 28, 2007--HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY
Listen to Helen’s most recent Parties Extra! podcast with Hyatt Place’s Paula Marshall.
CELEBRATION…Nancy Hall was honoree at a 60th birthday dinner in the home of Jane Jayroe Gamble and Gerald Gamble. Hall and husband Ed Collins are longtime friends of the Gambles.
Caterer Kamala Gamble cooked all of the healthy foods including the Mexican birthday cake topped with mangos and strawberries. There was also salmon with squash salsa and chicken in a roasted tomato sauce and salad picked fresh from Kamala’s home garden.
Red roses, cream-colored hydrangeas and cranberry-colored daisies decorated the tables. The crimson and cream colors represented the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center where Hall is employed.
Among the guests were Karen Waddell, Sue and Bob Hale, Lolly and Mike Anderson, Connie and Jim McGoodwin, Lori Hansen and Wes Lane, Marnie and Clayton Taylor, Debbie and Michael Hampton, Jackie Jones, Barbara and Ed Eskridge, Connie and Jim McGoodwin, Dewayne Andrews, Nita and Doug Folger, Lori Hansen and Wes Lane, Marianne and Jerry Vannatta, Jeffrey Hirsch, Polly and Larry Nichols and Marti and Joe Ferretti.
Ed Collins, Nancy Hall, Jane Jayroe Gamble and Gerald Gamble celebrate Nancy Hall’s birthday with a party in the Gamble home.
TEA FOR YOU…An afternoon tea was given for members of the Girl Scout Juliette Low Leadership Society. Carleen Burger was hostess and Ione Brown was chairman. Assisting were Sandy Pembroke, Kelly Basey, Melanie Maguire. Kay Goebel and Joan Maguire.
Pouring at the tea were Ann Alspaugh, Annie Bohanon, Christy Everest, Jose Freede, Lou Kerr, Karen Luke, Rita Moore, Mary Nichols, Polly Nichols, Meg Salyer and Wanda Swisher.
Lt. Gov. Jari Askins was an honored guest and talked about her memories as a Girl Scout. She reminded the group about the importance of having good role models for young girls.
Brownie Scouts in their uniforms from Christ the King School’s second grade sang two songs for the 75 women and vases filled with pearls and daisies decorated the tea table. Tea and tea sandwiches, punch and Girl Scout cookies were served.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13287Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12869OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11351Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10099Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8083Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5913Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5414Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5337Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4941Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4209Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients