University of Oklahoma Football Party---Parties Extra!---September 28, 2008---Party Time
HOT TIME IN NORMAN
OU is # 1. (Photo by Chris Landsberger, The Oklahoman).
Some loyal Sooner fans boarded a charter bus at the Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club for the short ride to Norman and to the University of Oklahoma football game at 6 p.m. September 27.
They had fried chicken box lunches, or sandwiches, and they celebrated the great win over Texas Christian University with a round of cocktails.
The Oklahoma football team ranked # 1 the next day in the Associated Press poll .
The last time the Sooner were #1 was in 2003, where they stayed during the season, before losing in the Big 12 game to Kansas State.
Sooner fans on a bus headed for Norman. (Photo by Helen Ford Wallace).
Susan and Mike McPherson. (Photo by Helen Ford Wallace).
Gil and Dorthlynn Gaddis. (Photo by Helen Ford Wallace).
Bev and David Carter. (Photo by Helen Ford Wallace).
Mark and Susan Robertson. (Photo by Helen Ford Wallace).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26051Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17463Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8771OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8410Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8211UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7989Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7271Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6160Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4750Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients