Parties Extra!---October 20, 2008---Jade and Art displayed at Cultural Center
CELEBRATING HISPANIC HERITAGE
Flory Mata and Jim Swenson look at the ancient jade collection display. (Photo by David Faytinger).
An art exhibition and opening reception was held at the Latin American Cultural Center in Crossroads Mall and local Latino artists, Alejandro Bagajewicz, Alvaro Posadas, Carlos Tello, Esperanza Saldarriaga, Frank Mutis, Imelda Juarez, Jaime Macias, Laura Berthila Malagon, Melisa Sue Lopez and Rocio Perez gave an exhibition of their art work.
There was live music played by local Latino artists,a presentation of traditional outfits from Latin America and Spain and there was also a Hispanic American Jade collection including several artistic ornaments on exhibit.
Jaime Macias (artist) and Shannon Calderon-Primeau discuss one of Macias’ paintings. (Photo by David Faytinger).
A child admires a painting on display at the Latin American Cultural Center. (Photo by David Faytinger).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients