Author John Grisham visits Oklahoma City
A Cocktail reception was held in the home of Pam and Bill Shdeed to honor author John Grisham who gave a public lecture on the Oklahoma City University campus the next day.
Grisham was in town to help raise funds and awareness as OCU LAW begins its effort to establish a program addressing wrongful convictions. He talked about his non-fiction book, “The Innocent Man,” which recounts the saga of the wrongful conviction and ultimate exoneration of two Oklahomans, Ron Williamson and Dennis Fritz. Based on his experience writing this book, Grisham has become dedicated to supporting programs throughout the nation to identify and correct wrongful convictions.
Co-hosts were Brenda and Tom McDaniel, Gay and Lawrence Hellman, Julee and John W. Coyle III, Vicki and Mack Martin.
Pam Shdeed, Barbara Paul, John Grisham, Bill Paul enjoy the party in the Shdeed home. (Photo by David Faytinger).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients