20-40-60 Etiquette question and answers
Parties Extra!… 20-40-60 Question…from a conversation with a friend.
YOU ASK…WE ANSWER…YOU DECIDE
QUESTION: What are your cell phone pet peeves?
Callie’s Answer: I HATE it when a number I don’t know calls me and doesn’t leave a message! I am always tempted to call it back but I think not leaving a voice mail is rude! YOU called ME!
Also, I don’t like it when you text someone and they call you. I texted you because I couldn’t call you! Another one I can’t stand is when individuals abbreviate their text messages. COME ON! Phone etiquette!
Lillie-Beth’s Answer: Those who feel they need to answer the cell phone the second it rings or receives a text, even when they’re in mid-conversation with you. It’s very disruptive.
…Having a private conversation over the cell phone via text In front of others. If it’s that urgent, excuse yourself and tell them why. If the urgent phone call happens to me (the urgency is usually child-related), when I return, I usually explain and apologize profusely.
…Overhearing intimate details of a strangers’ lives while they’re talking loudly on their cell phones in public places.
…Conversations through the checkout counter and out the other end, especially when it slows down attempts to empty a shopping cart for the cashier.
…Dropped calls that leave you and your conversation hang…
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 42155Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15090Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9670Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8506Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8490Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7696Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7550Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6946Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6921Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5498Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients