Liz Murray is the speaker for the Girl Scouts Juliette Low Leadership Society Luncheon in Oklahoma City on Feb. 18th
Liz Murray-”Homeless to Harvard” (Photo provided)
Liz Murray will be the speaker at the 2010 Juliette Low Leadership Society Luncheon in Oklahoma City on Feb. 18. at the Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club.
Murray’s story was told on Lifetime Television’s orginal movie “Homeless to Harvard.” It is her story of living with two drug addicted parents and how she was homeless at age 15, but finally went to Harvard on a scholarship. “Liz Murray’s story of the stuggles she faced in her young life in order to reach her goals is an inspirational story that we believe will encourage young people in Oklahoma City, especially the girls served by Girl Scouts in our community,” Linda Whittington, co-chairman of the luncheon said.
“We are looking forward to hearing her speak at the Juliette Low Leadership Society Luncheon, but are also grateful that she is taking additional time while she is in Oklahoma City to speak to local students. Providing opportunities to learn about leadership is what Girl Scouts of Western Oklahoma is all about, ” she added.
Whittington and Ann-Clore Duncan are chairmen. To purchase a ticket for the luncheon, go online at www.gswestok.org/jlls.
See a video message from Liz Murray which is also posted on the GS-West web site: Click here for… http://tinyurl.com/yfopjch
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15647OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 15447Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10056'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 9335Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 8950Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7906Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 7604Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7402Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7043Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7042Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients