20-40-60...We got mail!
Callie, Lillie-Beth and I have received five e-mail letters about 20-40-60. Here they are, unsigned, with links to the particular columns.
1. “20-40-60. Your answers are outstanding! All of them are great! I forwarded it to my husband and we decided we have a new plan of attack. We need to set boundaries – politely. I guess we were maybe too intimidated to do that, but I think you all are right. Better late than never! And I love the suggestion to put them to work!
“Thanks for answering my question!”
2. “Hello – 20-40-60 Etiquette Gurus
“Here is a little point of interest that has endured time in the hospital setting (I was instructed when I began working at OUHSC. ) Doctors are always addressed by their colleagues, assistants and patients as “Doctor”. When addressing the boss in front of a client or patient it would be very impertinent to call him/herby their first name.
“It would might imply to others that the two individuals were on a more personal basis and not all business. You do not speak to doctors in the halls unless they speak to you first. ( that old ‘don’t speak until called upon’).
“These seemingly old fashioned rules are in fact ( as told to me ) important to maintain the serious nature of hospital business.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 21842Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 19892Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
- 7794Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients