Kappa Alpha Theta celebrates Founder's Day in Oklahoma City
Gayla Stapleton, Kim Joseph, Tamara Hermen and Beth Portman were at the luncheon. (Photo provided).
Members of Kappa Alpha Theta Alumnae Chapter celebrated Founders Day with a luncheon at the Oklahoma City Golf and Country.
Eight women were honored as 75-Year Thetas and 50-Year Thetas. They are Betty Fallin and Elizabeth Price, 75 years, and Patricia Catlett Austin, Sue Hagan, Jody Kerr, Sheryl Lott, Kay Oliver and Suzanne SIlvester, 50 years.
A photo presentation and biographies were given about each honoree and Christina Fallin presented them with Congressional Recognitions of congratulations and best wishes on behalf of her mother, Congresswoman Mary Fallin. They also received bouquets of yellow tulips and roses and white lilies.
The 2010 Theta of the Year Award was formally presented to Tamara Hermen for her contributions to Theta as well as the community.
Alumnae president Kim Joseph summarized the year’s events. Amy Cottrell and Angela Timberlake were co-chairmen of the luncheon.
Suzanne Bockus, Christina Fallin and Elizabeth Price were at Kappa Alpha Theta Founder’s Day. (Photo provided).
Theta of the Year…Tamara Hermen. (Photo by Helen Ford Wallace).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients