Ree Drummond is guest speaker for Pi Beta Phi of Oklahoma City Alumnae Club
Britanny Byrd, Mary Kay Bullard and Raegan Rogers greet guests at the Pi Beta Phi “Gathering of Angels” luncheon at the Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club. (Photos by Helen Ford Wallace).
When members of the Pi Beta Phi Oklahoma City Alumnae Club plan a party, they pay lots of attention to detail and March 2 was no exception!
The luncheon was at the Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club.
Theme for the event centered around the group’s guest speaker, Ree Drummond, author of “The Pioneer Woman Cooks,” “Black Heels to Tractor Wheels” and “Confessions of a Pioneer Woman” blog. Centerpieces were cowboy boots filled with big yellow sunflowers. And the menu (the food was really, really good) featured selections from her cookbook including fried chicken, buttermilk biscuits, wedge lettuce with homemade Ranch dressing and mocha brownies and angel sugar cookies.
And the speaker, Drummond, a Pi Phi herself, was delightful. After being introduced by longtime friend, Connell Branan, she told stories about herself, her ranch, her college years, how she got started blogging and some about being on national television shows. This famous person is unique as she stays true to herself and is very unpretentious.
There were 19 baskets that were raffled to members including one with cowboy boots and a Prada blue denim tote. There were several trips included in the raffle baskets.
Drummond’s books were available at the luncheon with a percentage of sales going to Pi Phi’s philanthropies, Payne Education Center, Santa Fe South Schools, Youth Services for Oklahoma County and National Pi Phi Literacy Initiatives.
Committee members were Mary Kay Bullard, chairman; Britanny Byrd and Raegan Rogers, co-chairmen; Christi Bullard, sponsorships; Hilarie Blaney, public relations; Britton Green, Invitations; Amy Neal, graphic designer, Katie Puckett, invitations, and Regan Roff, treasurer.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16150OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14605Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10995Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9399Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9121'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8921Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7695Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7584Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7477Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7078Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients