We got mail! 20-40-60
Callie, Lillie-Beth and I received several comments, an e-mail letter and a postal letter about 20-40-60, including several about the barking dog question, and another about twitter. Here they are, unsigned, with links to the particular posts.
On the twitter question…20-40-60 column posted on Parties Extra! on February 10, 2010
“Your twitter problem made me decide to respond to you. When my son removed himself from Facebook a couple of years ago because he felt it was too public, I decided to stop debating whether to join and made a firm decision not to do so. I really don’t see the point of public communication. Emails are scary enough, and take a huge amount of time.
As for twitter, nothing about that seems even remotely attractive. I have 24 hour answering on my home and work phone. Anyone who knows me can leave me a message on one or both, and I will get back to them. If I am not at home or the office, I’m either driving to or walking somewhere where using a cell phone is bad manners at the very least so mine stays off or in my car.
I will say that, as a family lawyer, I do love being able to view the information that my clients’ former friends and relatives choose to make public and have found it VERY useful on many occasions. It’s kind all of the instant information I receive when I see a tattoo… Or, the information I receive when I’m with someone who believes that texting or answering a cell phone is more important than whatever we were doing. (I don’t mean people who are on call for work or need to be able take a call because of an emergency situation, but I believe that is what vibrate is for).”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 83911Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 66115Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33602Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 20416Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 18059Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 13064Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 9549Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 8530Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8480Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 8114Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients