City Place re-opens
Kent Potter and friends had a party recently downtown at City Place….Here is his descriptive take of the party…..
Mark Beffort, Michael Nichols, Ran Oliver (Photo by David Faytinger).
By Kent Potter
It was a full moon. Not just any full moon but one that where you stop the car and pull over to take pictures. Something special was getting ready to happen.
The red Ingo Maurer Light fixture (Custom Made in Germany by the artist) marked the entrance and mirrored the moon, doing its best to compete for attention.
The party marked the official rebirth of the building. From the front entrance to the top of the penthouse, City Place has been completely made over by the teams of Butzer Gardner and Sees Design.
For a building that was originally erected in the 30′s in a race to finish with First National, its only fitting that it sees its makeover as Devon rises just blocks away and accepts the torch of Oklahoma Citys bright future coming full circle.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients