How about cuts in line? 20-40-60 answers
YOU ASK…WE ANSWER…YOU DECIDE
Question: How do you handle the situation when someone cuts in line in front of you? At the movie? In the food court line?
Sometimes the person in front of me is “saving a place” for several people. It irritates me when I have been standing there for a while and here comes more people to prolong my wait.
Should I yell at them? Take it? Or just chalk it up to rudeness?
Callie’s answer: We have all done it, and every situation is different. Cutting when someone is saving a place doesn’t bother me because they were there waiting as well.
Be the bigger person. Don’t sweat the little stuff!
Lillie-Beth’s answer: Raise your hand if you’ve had this happen to you. Anyone? How about ALL of us? And I think there are times it’s more frustrating than others. It’s worse if there are limited tickets available to an event, and the person in front of you welcomes five of his closest friends that you had not seen standing there in the hours leading up to the event. It’s not as bad if someone is holding a spot in a movie line for her date while he parks the car.
So, I say pick your battles, and save your anger and stress for times when it means the most to speak out, such as when tickets are about to sell out or when the situation gets heated enough to call security. Chances are the obnoxious person who is cutting in line or saving spots for a bevy of friends is a stranger who doesn’t care much about etiquette anyway; it’s not worth getting worked up with feelings of disgust and helplessness over someone who will ignore you.
At Manners101.com, a blogger suggested that it’s nice for the person behind you to say “Hey, I believe you just cut in front of this woman in front of me.” That way, you don’t look like the bad person, and the person behind you looks good for sticking up for someone who has been harmed.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5527Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5132Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4758Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients