Annie Oakley Society members have an Inaugural Luncheon at The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum
Chuck Schroeder, Gov. Mary Fallin, Lynn Friess and Cathy Keating were on the podium, along with Linda Bouchier and Linda Mitchell Davis. (Photos by Helen Ford Wallace).
Annie Oakley Society members entertained at the inaugural luncheon at The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum. Their aim is to annually celebrate women who portray leadership and the entrepreneurial spirit of the West.
(Ret.) Associate Justice of the Supreme Court Sandra Day O’Connor received the first “Annie Oakley Society Award” and Linda Mitchell Davis was presented the ”Lifetime Achievement Award.” Presenters were Chuck Schroeder and Linda Bouchier.
Cathy Keating was chairman of the event and Lynn Friess was vice-chairmen. Tables were covered with vibrant orange or hot pink tablecloths and rose-bedecked chair covers and large nosegays of roses on crystal stands. On the menu was chicken, Shrimp Louis and ambrosia salads from Nonna’s, along with the best chocolate cake in the world, also from Nonna’s.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients