How about "to go" bags? 20-40-60 answers
YOU ASK…WE ANSWER…YOU DECIDE
Question: Are there any rules on “to go doggy bags?” I see people in restaurants carrying out left-overs from breakfast, lunch and dinner. Should I be embarrassed to ask for a “to go” carton?
Callie’s answer: NO WAY! As a college student, I know that I will eat it later, if I take a “to go” carton. It isn’t embarrassing at all… compliments to the cook! Plus, leftovers are my favorite; pizza is so much better the next day!
Lillie-Beth’s answer: I love taking food to go when it was delicious to begin with. With portion sizes so big in restaurants these days, a “to-go” box lets you get two meals out of one instead of wasting food.
If I were guessing, the trend of carrying out your food started as restaurants started serving more food than anyone could or should eat at a meal. Some types of food carry out better than others (pizza, for one), but if you paid for the meal, it’s yours. The restaurant can’t save any uneaten food for anyone else because it’s unsanitary.
Helen’s answer: Everywhere we go, people are taking home their left-over food in paper bags or styrofoam containers. Some restaurants have created really fun “to go” bags. However, when I through with dinner, I am through. I don’t want any more or any to take home. The times I have taken something home, I forgot about it, and left it in the car in the back seat. Yuk!
So, my policy is to order less, and leave behind what I don’t want.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 89652Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 73465Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 36350Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 35145Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 14325Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13653Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 11646Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10034How to help tornado victims
- 8719Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8601Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients