Too many groceries? 20-40-60 answers
YOU ASK…WE ANSWER…YOU DECIDE!
20-40-60 has addressed what to do when people cut in line.
Here’s a related question: What do you do when a person checking out groceries in a speedy (5-10 items) checkout line exceeds the limit of 10 or 20 items?
At times, I’ve seen people with so many groceries in that line that there’s no way they could have miscounted or been slightly off in their estimate.
Callie’s answer: THIS IS ANNOYING, but I am guilty of it! If I have fruit or other items that I want packaged in a certain way (or I am in a hurry) I get in the self check- out line. I am much more efficient and faster when I can do it myself.
When the 20 items or less are obscenely off, I tell the person keeping watch. Although, I try not to fret the little things in life because stress causes wrinkles, which makes us age and who wants to do that?
Lillie-Beth’s answer: You could try pointing it out with a gentle, “Are you sure you’re in the right checkout lane? It looks like you’ve got more than the 20 items limited to this line.” At first, give them the benefit of the doubt that they are there by accident or oversight. If they don’t budge, you can always scowl at them and let it go.
Also, the clerk assigned to that lane should be trained to handle that problem.
I don’t know an easy way for a person to fight back, politely, against people who are just rude, deliberately, and don’t take anyone else into consideration but themselves.
Helen’s answer: Sorry, I don’t have a good answer for this one. When I see those people with a lot of groceries in their baskets head for the 10 and under fast line, I go the other way to keep from getting angry. They sure can count and I sure can count items, so it does not do anyone any good to confront the offender. I just feel sad that “rules don’t apply to me” people continue to get their way.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients