Children's Wellness Award presented to Dr. John Bozalis in Oklahoma City
Jay Bozalis and his grandfather, Dr. John Bozalis, were at the event honoring Dr. Bozalis where he received the Children’s Wellness Award. (Photos provided).
Dr. John R. Bozalis was honored recently with the first annual Childrens Wellness Award. The event was at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art. The Schools for Healthy Lifestyles and the Oklahoma Allergy and Asthma Clinic presented Bozalis with the award for his outstanding efforts to help make Oklahoma’s children the healthiest in the nation.
Bozalis was responsible for the creation of Schools for Healthy Lifestyles which began in 1997. SHL has grown from 8 elementary schools in Oklahoma City and is currently serving 52 schools across the state. He has served as the president of the nonprofit organization since its inception.
Bozalis is a physician at the Oklahoma Allergy & Asthma Clinic and has been there since 1973. He is also currently the Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.He received his medical degree from the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine and completed post-doctoral training in internal medicine at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, Michigan.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 27538Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15649Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10393Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9809Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9381Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8402Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8325Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7545Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7311Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6526UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients