Casual Friday? Should I wear jeans and a tee shirt? 20-40-60 answers
YOU ASK…WE ANSWER…YOU DECIDE!
Question: Dear 20-40-60,
Where I work in Oklahoma City, there is a “casual day” on Friday. Everyone wears jeans and a tee shirt.
However, when several of my friends who work in other businesses have a “casual” day, they look a lot better than I do. If I am wearing what my co-workers are wearing, will my boss notice if I dress a little better than the others?
How do I know if what I am wearing is appropriate?
Callie’s answer: It is always better to dress up than to dress down. If you don’t know what is appropriate at first, then dress up and see what the others are wearing. After that, you can take what you want from it.
If it is jeans and you’re comfortable in them, then wear them. Try to keep it somewhat professional looking!
Lillie-Beth’s answer: First, find out exactly what “casual Friday” means at your office. Ask your boss or your coworkers what’s expected, if you feel comfortable. As long as you’re dressing in tune with what the rest of your office does on Fridays, then you should be fine.
However, I don’t see anything wrong with finding a happy medium between formal business attire and all-out casual, like what you’d wear around the house on a Saturday.
Many companies still expect “business casual,” on Fridays, especially if their employees meet with clients. If that’s the case, you’ll still want to look professional, although a more casual version is fine.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6021UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6010Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients