Fabulous Finds!---Julie Tibbs finds a home for her "re-claimed objects!"
Julie Tibbs shows her kitchen table, one of her favorite finds. (Photo by Zach Gray).
Julie Tibbs on video.
This little guy was on the curb by the OK Museum of Art downtown. He was starving, covered in fleas and his little paws were burned. Just like all my treasures, he cleaned right up and got a second chance. (Photo and cutline by Julie Tibbs).
Article by Helen Ford Wallace ….Photos by Zach Gray and Julie Tibbs…Video by AJ Sinker
Julie Tibbs is helping the environment one chair at a time. She is also single- handedly holding down landfill additions by bringing home curbside rejects such as sofas, chests, lamps and re-purposing them for her own home use. She takes things that nobody wants and turns them into things that everybody wants.
Recently on a trip to Austin, she found a darling blue chest of drawers on the curb. Some of the wood from the drawers were missing, and the entire chest really needed a good scrubbing with soap and water, so she cleaned it up and it was ready for use. Tibbs just has a flair for continual re-decorating with yesterday’s furniture. She always finds something usable in her quests.
Videoview all videos
Jun 15The Oklahoman's Helen Ford Wallace talks creative...
Photoview all 19 photos
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 28347Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17448Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7187OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5536OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4738Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3702Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3694Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3367Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3246Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients