Check out NewsOk's People Page
Here is how I became an online Web Editor.
I learned to add stories and photos to an online page, spent hours in front of my computer trying to find the stories I needed so I could post them, learned what widgets are, and kept current with my colleagues’ blogs so I could add their content daily. Sound fun?
I learned about “regions” on the Web Site and how to modify or edit other people’s stories know as “articles.” Knowing about “default templates” and “override” links were musts.
New lingo? I learned it quick.
I have new respect for Web Editors and online digital editors. They are intelligent, gentle, kind, helpful and are “can find anything” type of people.
I am a “semi-web” editor. I don’t have any of those above qualities but I know expert people who do.
My job as a “semi-editor” is to change out photos and content on three areas of the People Page on NewsOk. I thought it would be great fun to be the online editor of this page. Little did I know that after all my training I would still have trouble finding things and that I would sit for four hours last Thursday in front of my computer searching. I was so engrossed in my search that I was a no- show for my very favorite meeting.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients