Mary and Bill Jones celebrate 40th anniversary
Mary and Bill Jones cut the anniversary cake, a replica of their wedding cake 40 years ago. (Photo provided).
Mary and Bill Jones were honored at a 40th anniversary party. Hosts were their children, Ami Arthur, Casey Jones, Tom Jones, Molly Jones and Nick Jones in the Santa Fe Depot in Norman.
A frog theme was used because Bill Jones has told the children a frog story through the years so the mantra for the family is to “keep jumping.”
Besides the frogs everywhere there were framed pictures from their wedding and a slideshow playing during the event.
Bouquets of yellow gladiolus, yellow daisies and white hydrangeas were on the tables with white flower candles and green ribbons.
Mary Jones’ sister, Gloria Criser, made an exact replica of the cake decorated with doves, rings, flowers and netting that the Jones had at their wedding reception in 1971.
Greg Puckett, a groomsman from the wedding, and Marla Nix and Gina Newlin, two of the bridesmaids, were among the guests.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients