Putnam City West class of 1980 meets for high school reunion
Karla McCasland Wallace and Eric Conrady were at the 30th class reunion for Putnam City West. They were committee members. (Photo by David Faytinger).
The Putnam City West Class of 1980 met for its’ 30th class reunion. There were two days of events, ending with the banquet Saturday night at Quail Creek Golf and Country Club.
The Saturday night party theme for 170 people was “Patriot Pride” and school memorabilia was placed throughout the room with a banner of the class displayed on the wall. The tables were decorated with flickering luminaries, flashing balloons and blue and yellow school colors. Janice Belt Brown presented a special DVD show.
Planning chairman Karla McCasland Wallace said that the group also sponsored an art auction with an acrylic collage by Mark Rogers with proceeds going to the school’s art education program. Lee Daniells coordinated a golf tournament to benefit the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation. Proceeds from the two events raised $5,000. for charity. The group also had a “Tropics In Paradise” class mixer Friday night and Eric Conrady organized a class school tour and family picnic at Overholser Lake on Saturday.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14605Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9594Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8009Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6980Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6486Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6299Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5124Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5057Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4620UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients