Shall we dance? 20-40-60 answers
Question: At a dance, when seated at a table with four or more couples…are the men supposed to ask the other women, besides their date or wife, to dance?
Callie’s answer: Supposed to? Maybe after the first dance with the date/wife in which they came with, but it is totally up to them. You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to! Just don’t dance with the other women more than your wife! THAT would be bad.
Lillie-Beth’s answer: I don’t know of any etiquette requirement where people are expected to dance with anyone other than their dates or wives.
I’ve seen it happen when the group members know each other well and certain spouses don’t want do dance when their partners do. In that case, it happens naturally: The two who don’t dance can stay behind and visit at the table while their spouses enjoy a few songs on the dance floor.
But that kind of situation only happens when everyone involved is congenial to the idea — the ones who are dancing as well as the ones left behind.
Helen’s answer: If you are at a dinner/dance and are seated with several couples, I think it is polite if the men exchange dances with the other women at the table. The women can always say no, thank you, and continue sitting at the table for conversation, but how nice if everyone dances.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10625Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9988Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9782Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6778Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4215Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4087Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3968Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3762Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 3633OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients