"The Cowboy Way" exhibit is at the Gaylord-Pickens Oklahoma Heritage Museum
Harold T. Holden, Edna Mae Holden and Corie Baker were at the opening reception. (Photo by David Faytinger).
A reception was held at the Gaylord-Pickens Oklahoma Heritage Museum for painter and sculptor Harold T. Holden’s newest exhibit called “The Cowboy Way.” The exhibit is a retrospective of Holden’s 40 year career.
R. W. Hampton was the musical entertainment.
Among the 250 guests were Calvin Anthony, Mary Ann and Ken Fergeson, Jane Jayroe Gamble, Gerald Gamble, Gib Gibson, Jean and Robert Harbison, Burns Hargis, Brian Bush, Nicole Dobbins, Dena Drabek, Wes Knight, Abby Morgan, Craig Perry, J.W. Peters, James Schlotzhauer, Jerrod Shouse, Christian Whitney, Myra and Lew Ward, Vida Chenoweth, Al Snipes, Mike Wimmer, Yousef Khanfar, Regina Murphy.
The exhibit will be on display through Nov. 30.
Harold T. Holden will be honored in September at the annual American Culture Awards in Lubbock, Tx. He will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award which recognizes those who make significant contributions to the development of America’s Cowboy Culture.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients