Am off to the grocery store at 6409 Avondale Dr. for one of the last times ever!
One of my favorite stores, Crescent Market, is closing. No more wonderful holiday turkeys, no more silver polish, no more great steaks or cheeses, ham salad, Michigan bacon, complimentary cookies, charge accounts, good ice cream, fresh fried chicken, assortments of English muffins, pecans, gourmet salad dressings, Pam’s salsa, weekly drawings, sackers and carry-out guys, pastas, all the speciality chocolates that go in my fudge, Kaiser’s punch and the cashing of checks close by. The friendly people who always know your name at the check- out counter will be gone.
Finding items in that store has been easy. And they treat you like family. Plus you know almost everyone who is shopping in the store and you can catch up on the news of the day.
We love Robert, Tony, Betty, Leo and all the meat market butchers. We remember Carol and Art Pemberton with fond memories. We even went square dancing with them once.
When my son was a child he never knew there was a Homeland, Best Buy, Wal Mart, or Albertson’s; he only knew we were going to “The Store.” My young grandson loves the red velvet couch and ornate furniture in “The Store” and thinks it is real cool.
October 29th will be a sad day for me. HFW
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes
- 51Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 35High schools: Practices called off long before tornado hit Moore
- 32Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients