800 members of OU's President's Leadership Class celebrate 50th year at a reunion
OU President David L. Boren recognizes Anona Adair. (Photos provided).
Members of the University of Oklahoma President’s Leadership Class met for the 50th Anniversary Reunion. OU President David L. Boren was the keynote speaker. The dinner celebration honored the George Lynn Cross family and the David A. Burr family. Anona Adair, PLC advisor for many years, was presented with a scholarship named for her.
PLC, a group of 100 members of OU’s annual incoming freshman class, was established by former Vice President of University Affairs David A. Burr who responded to then OU President George Lynn Cross concerns about Oklahoma young people leaving the state for educational and job opportunities.
The dinner was at the Embassy Suites in Norman.
800 former PLCers met with the current class of students for an update on current happenings at OU. They also toured the Fred Jones jr. Museum of Art, ExxonMobile Lawrence G. Rawl Engineering Practice Facility, Barry Switzer Center and Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History. They had class receptions and a luncheon and attended the Boomer Bash prior to the OU-Missouri football game.
Videoview all videos
Oct 7OU Breast Institute Friends advisory board members talk...
Photoview all 12 photos
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13851OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13814Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9624Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7322Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7022Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5771Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5205Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5056Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4611Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4176Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients