Friends honor Judy Love
Jay Johnston talks as he watches football during the party given for Judy Love. Televisions were set up at each end of the room. (Photos by Helen Ford Wallace).
Judy Love was the honoree at a cocktail buffet in the Maxwell Room of the Oklahoma City Golf & Country Club. Friends honored her as one of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame 2010 recipients.
Hosts were Sherry and Lee Beasley, Barbara and Paul Brou, Joan and Rod Frates, Susan and Jay Johnston, Brenda and Tom McDaniel, Jeaneen and Bob Naifeh, Polly and Larry Nichols, Cindy and Hugh Rice, Sylvia and Robert Slater.
The room featured seating for eating and football viewing. There were televisions at both ends of the room for the Oklahoma- Missouri game. Hosts had originally planned for a pianist, but changed their minds when the game was set for 7 p.m. Food tables featured plates filled with gourmet beef, fish, sushi and desserts. Executive Chef Michael Powell supervised food preparation.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11312Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5665Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5178Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4351Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4349OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4135How to help tornado victims
- 3981Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3781Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3432Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients