JRB Art at the Elms art show draws a crowd
100 paintings at the “Small Works” show at JRB Art at the Elms. (Photos by David Faytinger).
JRB Art at the Elms “Small Works” show was one hundred paintings by one hundred artists.
Gallery owner Joy Reed Belt gave each artist an 8×8 canvas and asked them to to paint or create whatever they wanted to create. The variety was amazing. Some of the artists painted miniatures similar to the paintings they create on a regular basis. A few of them added volume to the canvas.
Two of the photographer sewed photographs on the canvas in a very creative manner. Some of the artists created paintings that are very different from what they usually create. Several of the artists made elaborate collages.
The paintings were hung in a large grid and all were priced at $180.
At the reception and show Iguana and Seasons catered the event.
Gallery artists who participated in the show and exhibit included D.J. Lafon, Michi Susan, George Oswalt, Denise Duong, Brent Learned, Skip Hill, Kim Camp, J.P. Morrison, Thomas Batista and Beth Hammack. Guest artists included Regina Murphy, Clint Stone, John Seward, Suzanne Owens, Sharon Montgomery, Romy Owens, Suzanne Cunningham and Jan Hurley.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101883Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13737Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10731Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9553OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8470Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7788How to help tornado victims
- 7217Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7121Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 6843Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 5845Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients