Oklahoma Art League gets "Special Recognition" award
Gov. Brad Henry gave the ‘Special Recognition” award to Linda Barnett, president of the Oklahoma Art League, at the Governor’s Arts Awards presentation at the state capitol. (Photo by Stacey Swafford, Historian of the OAL).
Oklahoma Art League members received the “Special Recognition Award” from the Arts Council at the Governor’s Arts Awards presentation. The OAL was a predecessor of the Oklahoma City Museum of Art and was founded in 1910.
Linda Barnett is the current president. The group has donated 96 art works to the OCMA.
Governor Brad Henry honored 15 individuals and two organizations for their contributions to the arts at the 35th Annual Governor’s Arts Awards. Sponsored by the Oklahoma Arts Council, the ceremony was on the 4th Floor Rotunda of the State Capitol. A reception on the first floor of the Capitol followed the ceremony.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 371Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 366Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 314OKC Thunder: Thunder stuck with worst-case scenario
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients