Arts! Arts! Arts!---An excellent Tuesday evening!
Beautiful music! (Photos by Helen Ford Wallace).
Guests at Arts! Arts! Arts! last night truly enjoyed the evening.
The production “The Music of the Night” was so entertaining and the performing artists Teri Bibb, Brent Barrett and Paul Bogaev, along the University of Oklahoma’s “Singing Sooners” were outstanding. They celebrated the music of Andrew Lloyd Webber with songs from Broadway shows Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor DreamCoat, Starlight Express, Cats, The Phantom of the Opera and others.
Stars Bibb, Barrett and Bogaev gave amazing performances of songs from The Phantom of the Opera.
The gala event supported OU’s Weitzenhoffer Family College of Fine Arts and was at the Skirvin Hotel Ballroom. Parking was at a minimum because the Thunder was in town. Dean of the Fine Arts School Rich Taylor introduced the event which included a beef tenderloin dinner. Flowers were three varying sizes of crystal vases filled with lilies, daisies, and hydrangeas.
Sandy and Stewart Meyers were co-chairmen of the event and Jo Carol Cameron and Jose Freede were honorary chairmen.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36528Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32802Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32453Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8406Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5462OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3890Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3494College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3313George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3240Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3193Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients