20-40-60 Etiquette---Do I confront the mother of the daycare chomper?
Do you have a question for 20-40-60 Etiquette? Email Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org
YOU ASK! WE ANSWER! YOU DECIDE!
By Callie Gordon, Lillie-Beth Brinkman, Helen Ford Wallace
QUESTION: I take my child to daycare and he loves to go. Lately, he has been the victim of a biter and I am very good friends with his mother. The issue has been addressed by the staff because it is not just my child who is involved, and the other child will removed from daycare if it continues. My question: Is it polite to mention the situation (the biting of my child) to my friend, the child’s mother?
CALLIE’S ANSWER: Do not tell the parent. She has been told what her child is doing. You don’t need to be more involved, the day care already is.
LILLIE-BETH’S ANSWER: This is horrible for everyone involved, but it’s common. A toddler biter broke the skin of one of my sons years ago in Mother’s Day Out at our church. He healed, but his teacher later noted that such incidents are often worse for the parents of the biter than the bitten because it’s such a hard habit to stop in little ones. In my son’s case, the biter didn’t get to come back to the church because of a policy that involved something like “three strikes and you’re out.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 31709Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 22246Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7126OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6322Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5037OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4484Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3553Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3509Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3313Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
- 3242Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients