Parties Extra!---Montana's Skalkaho Falls is a cool reminder of cool mountain temperatures
(Photo by Helen Ford Wallace).
Here is a look the Skalkaho Falls waterfall on the Skalkaho Pass near Hamilton, Montana.
It is a very interesting drive to get to this cascading falls in the Sapphire mountains. It is mostly a one lane gravel road surrounded by forest and it features an impressive, steep, cliff -hanging drop -off down the mountain. Once you climb to the elevation of 6225 feet, the 150 foot waterfall is right around the corner.
The road with the waterfalls is the scenic route through the mountains between Hamilton and Philipsburg, Montana, and does have some fire scars in the area, but overall, it is a wonderful afternoon drive.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11552Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10742OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6888Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5464Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5395Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4853Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4694OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4051Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3988Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3664As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients