Chance to Change Executive Director Honored in Oklahoma City
Katie Say, Karen Cathey, Jo Ann Pearce and Tony Say were at the party honoring Pearce. (Photo by Chris Lansberger).
The retiring executive director of A Chance to Change was the recent honoree of a party in the home of Katie and Tony Say in Oklahoma City.
Jo Ann Pearce has been with the organization for 10 years. Tony Say is board chairman for A Chance to Change.
The 80 guests included board members, Pearce’s friends and staff members. The board members gave her a plaque and Baccarat crystal vase, and Tony Say and Dan Batchelor, another board member, talked about her. Pearce also gave remarks.
A Chance to Change Foundation is a nonprofit agency that provides addiction and behavior health counseling and education for the community.
“We have added a lot of free and low-cost counseling and programs in the last 10 years,” Pearce noted. “We have funded those through increased fundraising efforts and because of that over half of our programs are now either free or low cost.
“This has been the most meaningful job I have had,” Pearce said. “I have felt really appreciated by the board and staff.”
Pearce plans to do some traveling with her husband during retirement.
Karen Cathey is the new executive director. She has been the deputy director.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19791Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7602OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6827Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6472OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5877Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4499Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4468Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4211Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3402Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3381Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients