M.J. Van Deventer and Rev. William Thomas Shelton marry in Oklahoma City
M.J. Van Deventer and Rev. William Thomas Shelton were married Oct. 6th. (Photos by Helen Ford Wallace).
M.J. Van Deventer and Rev. William Thomas Shelton were married at All Souls Episcopal Church on Oct. 6th. A reception was held in the Parish Hall. Family members of the bride and the groom were in the wedding party and daughters and granddaughters were seated preceding the ceremony.
The wedding programs and the tablecloth runners for the reception tables featured ribbons and antique buttons. The buttons were part of the bride’s button collection. The program also told the story of how the couple met in the first grade in Muskogee.
The miniature bride’s cake was vanilla creme and it was topped with fresh flowers. There were three groom’s cakes (two made by the groom). A Hummingbird Cake with pineapple, bananas, nuts, an Italian Cream cake and a chocolate mousse cake. The bride made 11 rum cakes for the reception. Some had homemade vanilla frosting and some featured nuts. All of the cakes were made by the couple except for the chocolate one from La Baguette. Wedding punch was sparkling cider with Ginger Ale.
The couple will have homes in Muskogee and Oklahoma City.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16150OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14605Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10995Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9399Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9121'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8921Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7695Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7584Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7477Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7078Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients