20-40-60 Etiquette-Changing hair stylists?
QUESTION: I have been with my current hair stylist for five years. She cuts and colors me every six weeks. Between times I go to a blow dry bar to have my hair washed, dried and styled. I always feel bad when I go elsewhere to have my hair fixed but the other place is closer to my house and I can get in and out faster. I would prefer to go to other place all the time, but cannot “break up” with my current stylist.
How can I politely tell her it is time for us to part?
CALLIE’S ANSWWER: This is an awkward situation. Well, you probably need to try out the person for a cut and color before you decide whom you want to switch to! What if she does a horrible job? Maybe tell your current stylist that because of where she is located it is best for you to switch.
Be honest with her. Maybe a parting gift?
LILLIE-BETH’S ANSWER: This is awkward in any case. I don’t know what the best way is to “break up” with a hair stylist, especially when we like the person but want to make a change in hairstyle. When you go to the same person for so long, you become friends, which makes a move harder. First, make sure that your move is to a different salon entirely and not a switch to one of your current stylist’s colleagues. Then, you can either tell the person politely that you are going to make a switch to someone else for awhile or you can just start making appointments elsewhere without saying a word.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients