Wall of Fame reception for past and current honorees is a happy, friendly party!
This one of-a-kind ceramic vase filled with flowers was on a table for the Wall of Fame reception. It and many others were designed by students from Southeast High School. (Photos by Helen Ford Wallace).
Past Wall of Fame award winners met with the current class of award winners, Rand Elliott, Erik Logan Toppenberg, Aubrey McClendon and Larkin Warner, for a champagne reception and reunion at the Oklahoma History Center the night before the Wall of Fame Dinner and Induction Ceremony.
Lori M. Dickinson, Executive Director of the Foundation for Oklahoma City Public Schools, welcomed guests and made introductions. Helen Sullivan, Wall of Fame Dinner Chairman, talked about the honorees.
Honorees received corsages and boutonnieres to identify them. Lovely and fun ceramic vases of flowers decorated the tables. Students from Southeast High School designed them. Colorful cocktail napkins were precious sayings from elementary school students. One was “I want to be a fire girl. I am going to help people get out when there is a fire,” from Zanayra, Kindergartener, Heronville Elementary.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17147Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12600OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11594'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11336Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9954Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 8356Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 8267Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7063Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 6991Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6984Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients