Karlie Harmon and Oklahoma City University host academic seminar in Singapore
Dr. C. Chong, Jane Jayroe Gamble, Jan Henry, Robert Henry, Eric Kuan, Karlie Harmon, Gerald Gamble, Dr. R.Theyvendran were at the seminar in Singapore. (Photo provided).
Karlie Harmon, Director of International Mass Communication programs for Oklahoma City University, is home from Singapore where she hosted an academic seminar “Mass Communications In A New Media World”. She also attended the OCU’s graduation ceremony at the Ritz Carlton and celebrated with a Sunday brunch at Raffles Hotel.
Featured speakers at the seminar were OCU President Robert Henry and OCU Trustee Jane Jayroe Gamble. Gerald Gamble also attended and is also a trustee.
This is the 20th year for the program from which 2500 students have received bachelors and masters degrees in mass communications programs. OCU partners with the Management Development Institute of Singapore. Harmon taught the first mass communications class that was offered in Singapore and has been going four times yearly since then. This was the first mass communications program in Singapore and is the only American mass communications program there and in the region.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17613Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13042Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11234Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 11211Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10608'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10120Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7197Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6592Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6062New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 5967Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients