Belated Oscar praise
I didn’t catch the name last night, but I wanted to call attention to a great performance at last night’s Oscars.
Jamia Simone Nash, 11, (pictured at right) sang “Raise It Up” from the movie “August Rush” with the Impact Repertory Theatre of Harlem at the ceremony. The song was one of the best original song nominees.
My favorite of the five original song stagings was the elegant simplicity of Marketa Irglova and Glen Hansard’s performance of “Falling Slowly” from their movie “Once,” which won the Oscar.
But I thought Nash showed incredible promise and great poise under the pressure. Hopefully, we’ll see more of her in the future.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22062Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13856Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 11034Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10900UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7641Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 7472Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6309Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5703Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5621Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5179Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients