More on Blake's Country Weekly cover story
As I reported last week, Ada native Blake Shelton is featured on the cover of the April 7 issue of Country Weekly magazine, which hit newsstands today.
The story is titled “Blake Shelton — Life, Loss and Love.” In it, he talks about the divorce he went through while working on his latest album, “Pure BS,” and the death of his older brother, Richie.
The story also includes photos of Shelton’s 1,200-acre ranch near Tishomingo, which he bought last year, according to a news release.
Lambert lives on her own farm about six miles away. But according to the release, Shelton says in the story that they’re taking their relationship slowly.
“I’m not in any hurry to get married again,” he tells Country Weekly. “She says she’s not in a hurry to get married. For once, I just want to enjoy bein’ comfortable with where things are in my life and how they’re flowin’ along right now.”
Here’s what Lambert, a proud Texas native, had to say when the Austin American-Statesman asked her last fall why she made a home for herself in Oklahoma:
“He’s 6 feet tall with dark hair. He’s my boyfriend. I know it’s practically betrayal to live in Oklahoma, but I miss my boyfriend. I love coming home to him.”
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients